Friday, February 6, 2009

Kristina Werner Colour Challange #40

Today's post is another Kristina Werner colour challange. I love these challanges as it forces me out of my comfort zone! The stamp set I used was 'Brithday Best' which was one of my most used sets when I first discovered Stampin' Up! but I haven't used it for ages - it was good to get it out, dust it off and have a play!

I glittered up the centre of all the flowers with Dazzling Diamonds, and even tried out a new technique I read about somewhere - stick a glue dot onto a brad & cover it with Dazzling Diamonds...hey presto, a glittered brad. If you put on enough glitter the glue dot no longer feels sticky to touch.

I also used my flower punches, scallop edge punch (of course!) and some 1/4" and 5/8' ribbon - Done!

17 comments:

  1. So cute Denise! I like how you layered the ribbon on the flower, such a nice touch! Pretty flower stamps!
    This is my 1st CC for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHHH!!Denise you are to kind! This card is adorable I also love what you have done with the ribbon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OHHHHH!!! you are so kind! Your card is adorable I also love what you have done with the ribbon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sweet Denise love that you did the inside too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great card, love the flower with the ribbons.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those flowers are so cute! I love that you added one to the inside too! Too Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work Denise! We can always count on you for a fantastic entry. A good reminder too, to dust off those old sets... I got that one in my starter kit and used it once, and it hasn't seen the light of day since!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute card! I have that set to, but haven't used it in awhile. I might have to dust mine off!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Denise. Love your entry it is lovely. I have an award for you on my blog. stampinggalore.blogspot.com

    Anne-Marie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very gorgeous, Denise, Nice design and wonderful use of the colour!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cool card Denise. Good job, and what a clever thing to do with the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Denise, what a cool idea to use the glue dots and glitter! That has to be easier than using stickles or kindy glitz, and you don't have to worry about touching it before it dries!! I will definitely have to use that idea :~)

    Also, I so don't agree with your comment about you being ashamed of your entry - I think it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous! I love how you used the ribbon :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete