Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Convention Update

Ok, admittedly I've been back from the SU! convention in Canberra for over a week, but I'm still catching up! I spent the week before convention making swaps so had no time to blog, then I spent the week after convention making plans, editing photos and creating projects for classes - where does ths time go?! Thankfully I just brought a wireless router so I can now sit in my WARM living room with my laptop, so hopefully I'll be online more often from now on and can blog to my heart's content....
Firstly, convention was fantastic. I've come home with heaps of ideas and things I despirately want to create and do (I'm thinking I need to give up work...). Nine ladies from my SU! team headed over the ditch and many of them have worked so hard over the last year that they were called up on stage to celebrate their success :-) The above photo is just one of many - Jacque and Patrice both made it into the top 3 NZ demonstrators of the year - woo hoo.
These were my convention swaps. I used an emboss resist technique for the stamped panel; first I used the 'So Swirly' wheel, then stamped with a bold image from Baroque Motifes and clear embossed it. Lastly I sponged over the top with a darker colour. Unfortunately you can't really see the full effect in these photos.I made 90 cards all together - the ones below are just one version! Although it did take quite some time to make them all it was all worth it as I swapped them all and now have 90 very creative samples.

1 comment:

  1. Shift to Christchurch then Denise LOL! Glad to hear you had a great time at the conference.

    ReplyDelete